Kitten Beds – Which Ones Are Best?
Thinking about getting a new kitten? Getting their sleeping arrangements sorted is something you’ve got to do if you want to keep them happy and safe from dangers when they are at their most vulnerable. A kitten therefore needs the right bed during these early all important few months.
Kittens turn into cats and are creatures that love somewhere that is:
- Possibly smells of the owner
- Somewhere they can feel relaxed
- Somewhere SAFE for them to get quality “cat naps”.
For the earlier months kittens usually benefit from beds that are enclosed such as Cave beds, or at least beds with slightly higher sides. Remember though that your kitten needs to be able to get in and out of the bed with ease, so a bed that is geared to a bigger cat with a higher opening won’t be perfect for kittens.
Thankfully cat beds for kittens don’t cost the earth.
What is the safest cat bed for kittens?
A kitty bed needs to be warm and protective without smothering them to a point where they get too hot. It also needs to be one that keeps nosy dogs out when your kitten is trying to sleep. Therefore a snuggly cave one fulfils most of that.
Our most recommended kitten beds:
- The bed has a size of : 40 x 35 x 25 cm/15.7″ x 13.7″ x 10″ which is ample for snuggling up in.
- It’s thick padding helps reduce outside noises, hlpeing your kittens get that quality sleep they need at a young age.
- It weights just 4.54 grams
- It’s big enough for 2 kittens if they like to be close to one another
- Wash only by hand on a cool wash no more than 30 degrees
- The entry hole is roughly 20 x 20 cm.
- This is one of those really warm beds that your kittens will fall in love with. Super thick faux fur inside will have them in a deep sleep in no time!
2: PAWZ Road Cat Sleeping Bag Fleece Soft Self Warming Washable Cat Beds Snuggle Sack Blanket Mat Kitty Sack Suitable for cat and Puppy Grey 60 * 58CM
Here is another super snuggly kitten or cat bed from Paws Road. It is available in 4 colours – Pink, Brown, Grey or Beige. This bed is like a big old snuggly sock that the kittens can just creep inside and get all warm and snuggly inside of.
This kitten sleeping bag type bed is:
- Non toxic
- Fleecy and warm
- Has dimensions of: L*W=19.68″*22.8″(60*58cm)
- Perfect for kittens (note: not really suited for larger cats)
- Not suited for 2 kittens (only ideal for one)
Points to consider:
The material is Polyester which is man made, however it is definitely snuggly and comfortable. Some people who have purchased this say it makes a rustling noise, but others equsally have said the opposite thast it is brilliant.
Here we have this really rather funky looking bed cave that is so much more “fun” than typical cat caves. This one also opens out if your kitten is too warm, giving them an option they can use during warmer days.
This is a really good sized slightly larger kitten bed that would suit 2 or 3 kittens or even 2 cats. The approximate dimensions are: Height is approx 30 cm. Mouth opening is 16cm – width and depth is 55cm. The funky look just adds to the overall appearance with it’s fantastic eyeballs on the top!
We really love this design!
- A “lid” style design that zips on when in Winter or to help keep your kittens extra warm. Just unzip it and it instantly converts to an open top high sized bed perfect fort warmer days.
- Comes with a padded cushion that provides some comfort but it is a slightly bit on the thin side so you might want to swap it out for some extra layers or a heated cushion perhaps.
- Easy to clean. The cushion is washable, but the pod itself is best kept clean with a hoover or a damp cloth as it’s not designed to go in any washing machines.
4: PetPäl Dog & Cat Bed Cave | Cosy Igloo House for Large Cats, Kittens, Small Dogs | Cuddly Sleeping Place for Your Pet
If snazzy and style are important then look no further than this top notch, top rated kitty bed.
Even though you will be completely satisfied with this high quality kitten bed, you will also get the added reassurance of a 30 dcay money back guarantee from the sellers if not completely satisfied. (Check it out here if you love it already).
Let’s take a closer look:
- Washable inner cushion at 30 degrees, or just give it an airing every once in a while.
- Cozy fluffy interior that will have your kittens on cloud nine right from the start.
- That perfect place for them to relax and take their cat naps.
- A generous 37cm x 33cm space, plenty for their creature comforts.
- Perfect for small to medium cats (nothing bigger)
A lovely Stone Grey design, very affordable and will sit in any grand part of your home with a totally stylish stance.
5: PiuPet® Premium Cat Bed incl. Cushion | Suitable for e.g. IKEA® Kallax & Expedit Shelves | Cats beds in grey | Cozy cat house | Cat basket
Here is a cat bed shaped into a cube, and designed to fit perfectly inside of various shelving units such as IKEA Kallax & Expedit Shelves. meaning you can keep your home super neat and tidy.
This space saving design has the following:
It comes with an inner cushion and has a 17.5 cm diameter opening.
Only the one opening for cleaning (unfortunately the sides don’t come off for cleaning)
Perfect for 2 kittens with ease!
A fantastic hidey place for cats who love playing in boxes!
Made from Polyester and is well made, so there are no loose fibres.
Sometimes it can be hard to get your kitten or cat to “take” to a bed right away. They really are independant thinkers and wioll only do what they want to do. The good news is that on cold days and nights they are likely to take to these really easily. In summer you may want a different kitten bed.
When buying, get the bed that makes the most sense to you. Thankfully cost is not a main issue as most kitten beds are really affordable.
If you can not get your kittens or cat to take to the bed you could always try popping in some of your old clothing in there or near to it, as they do like to feel their owners are close to them, and oten the smell of the owner upon the bed will be enough.
Failing that try some cat nip to attract the kittens to the bed.
What is the most comfortable bed for kittens?
Well, as cats sleep on average for 15 to 20 hours a day, they need somewhere that emnables them to curl up (they do this on colder days or just prefer it), or even stretch out (they do this to get the blood flowing, helping them wake up – strangely!)
Do kittens need a bed?
Not necessarily. Kittens can manage on some padded cushions, however it is good to let them have a choice, so they can make up their own minds. As long as they can feel safe, enjoy quiet time and feel snug, then you do not necessarily need to buy a kitten bed.
how do I get my kittens to sleep in a bed
The simple answer is to put it somewhere quiet and warm for them. You can pop some of your clothing in there for a while or a toy they like so that they feel it is a place they want to go.
What is the best material for a cat bed
While this is not a “must have” criteria, you can make life that little extra easier for your kittens. In generaql natural materials are the best option. Things such as cotton, wool or even natural unbleached bedding. Some kittens actually don’t mind synthetic materials, but you’re not going to know that until you’ve picked up your kitten bed and spent time trying to coax them into getting in the thing.