This is my first time doing an “Anti Haul” post. It seems kind of funny to me, but I think it’s interesting to read these posts and watch the youtube videos to see what products people aren’t buying and hear their reasons behind them. It may save you some money! 😉
It takes a lot to “wow” me lately and I don’t just shell out my money unless it’s something I can really justify buying or something extremely unique or that I will get a lot of use out of. All the makeup I own is makeup that I use all of the time. With that being said, here are the products I don’t find appealing no matter how much hype there is!
1. ABH and Nicole Guerriero Glow Kit – How many different kind of high lighters can you make? It looks beautiful but I already own Sun Dipped by ABH so that is plenty for me. I don’t think this is unique enough for me to buy…I’ve seen shades similar to the ones in this palette. Don’t get me wrong…I LOVE Nicole!
2. ABH Aurora Glow Kit – I don’t understand why they released this a month after releasing the Nicole Glow Kit. I find this particular palette a bit too bright and out there for me. Moonchild was gorgeous and this palette is very similar but more intense. I don’t see myself ever wearing these colors. It would be a waste for me to buy this.
3. Kylie Cosmetics KKW Collab – I am not a fan of the Kardashians, but I do love makeup! The swatches for these are too peach and pink for me and not at all nude. I am sure they look great with a tan, but I am pretty fair and these wouldn’t look nude on me at all. I was a bit disappointed to see the swatches for these. I also think Kylie Cosmetics products are manufactured pretty cheap and not cared for. I don’t think they are worth the money at all!
4. Too Faced Glitter Bomb Palette – If I were younger then I may have considered purchasing this. I don’t go out to many places where I would wear glitter. The colors are pretty but I like more subtle, romantic, pretty makeup and this is too wild. Pretty but wild….I wouldn’t use this every day and I like makeup that I can wear all of the time.
5. Nikkie Tutorials and Ofra Collab – I don’t understand the hype with this. I am not a huge fan of Nikkie Tutorials and these colors just don’t look appealing. I’ve also read a few bad reviews about this collab and I think it’s so overpriced! $79 for three lipsticks and highlighter?! Are you crazy?! It’s just not my favorite brand at all…maybe if it was Kat von D or Marc Jacobs then I would reconsider….but it’s Ofra.
6. Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette – I am not a fan of peach unless it’s blush. I also don’t like buuying eyeshadow palettes and would rather buy singles of colors that I actually use. I find that I don’t even use half of the colors in a palette so what’s the point? I just think there has been so much hype about this and it turned me off.
7. Jeffree Star Androgyny Palette – I won’t get too in depth about this. I don’t like him, his makeup and I think this palette is just not for me. It seems like it was thrown together quickly and I am not a fan of the colors either.
8. Kylie Cosmetics Blushes – I think these are overhyped, cheaply made, the colors are unappealing and I am not sure if they are long lasting or not. Just turned off by the packaging and this brand in general. Their customer service sucks and they don’t show enough care towards their customers or even manufacturing the products. Just google them and you will find horror stories!
9. LORAC Pirates of the Carribean Palette – Like I said before, I don’t like eyeshadow palettes because I rarely use every color. I don’t understand this palette and why it was made and designed because of this movie. Just nto for me!
Please don’t take offense to this post. I am sure these products are great on the right people and I am sure they look very pretty. I just don’t see myself buying any of these personally or think they would look good on me or that I would get a lot of use out of them.